Friday, April 16, 2010

The car

I'm feeling lazy, unimaginative, and a little worn out. Rather than scrape for some half hearted words of wisdom, I'll followup with the last thread regarding the car. I did wind up buying a Duster, but not the one I posted about earlier. I'm pretty much regretting it. Not only is another car the last thing I need, I wound up getting one that needs paint and interior (sun damage). BUT, it's an original one owner 77,000 mile V8/auto Space Duster, with sport bench, and fold down rear seat. I told a few white lies, pulled some strings, and now have it registered in my name with the original issue California blue and yellow tags. This is insignificant except that I do not live in California, or anywhere near. I just thought it would be neat to drive the car with it's original tags (which need to be refinished, like the rest of the car).
The coolest car of all time!
So when the car gets here, I'll be DA'ing, and shooting self etching high build primer. Lots of blocking. And there is a dent in the DS front fender, and a small one in the lower RHS rear wheel arch that need some hammer love. No perf or bubbling, though. The car is completely solid. Not much to look at in it's present state, but the F8 Forest Green Poly will look real nice when done. Yeah, I had to decode the fender tag to figure out the exact color - it's that burnt. I'm picking up a set of '71, '72 Rallys tomorrow for the unbelievable price of $125 / 4 with centercaps (they usually go for $300-$400). I also lined up a spray booth I can borrow (friend of a friend, hope he likes cheap beer) for when it comes time to lay down the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment